Saturday 26 June 2021

Know your Rights

2020 was the most weird and unexpected year for all since it was the start of a never ending pandemic Covid 19.But as soon as the lockdown lifted there was a big wave of construction work seen in our neighborhood. If you are facing the same and experienced some upheavals due to that, then do know about your rights.

Construction near your home can be a headache.From early-morning drilling to blocked sidewalks and street lanes, many residents are inconvenienced by it.

If you live in a flat or in duplex sharing common walls.And If during the construction work done by your neighbor and your property gets damaged, you can ask them to compensate for the loss suffered by you but if your neighbor refuses to pay you the amount then you can file a case under
Section 425 of IPC which states that whoever with intent to cause, or knowing that he is likely to cause, wrongful loss or damage to the public or to any person, causes the destruction of any property, or any such change in any property or in the situation thereof as destroys or diminishes its value or utility, or affects it injuriously, commits mischief.
You can file suit for declaration and mandatory injunction in a civil court as well.
You can claim damages in the same suit.

So next time you get your work done or a makeover become a responsible citizen and don't harass your neighbor.Involve them and discuss your plans in advance with them so that things work out peacefully without any fights, quarrels and disputes.

This information is only for educational purpose.Please do contact a lawyer for further information.


No comments:

Post a Comment